The Women’s Network of Collier County (WNOCC) is a non-profit organization created for working business women to create a network in the Collier County area where women can be empowered via networking, education, seminars, and raising scholarship funds for single working moms in a positive atmosphere. We meet on the second Tuesday of each month from 11:30am-1pm, in which we have lunch, network and provide speakers to enhance and educate based on diverse hot topics in business.
2017 Board of Directors
President: Gina Sisbarro/ Marco Office Supply
Vice- President: Amber Phillips/ Sage Events LLC
Secretary: Stacy Nicolau/ Neapolitan Family Magazine
Treasurer: Karen Parry/ Best Interest Mortgage
“Opportunities are hiding everywhere, the trick is knowing how to find them.” I do love this quote because I can share for you one of the first trick of opportunity and that is becoming or renewing your membership with WNOCC. The second trick is to stay active and become visible within the group. What makes the WNOCC so unique is it is more than “just networking”. It is about women in business helping other women in business. It is about the new members teaching the older members. It is about the older members sharing their experience with the newer members. It is the opportunity to be honest and open with each other and say “I need help” and “To whom and where do I fix this”. It is the experience knowing you are not alone in the world of “breaking into a man’s field”, starting your own business, balancing all your roles as a woman, dealing with business and women’s issues, finding your voice, learning your strengths, repairing those short comings and just being the best darn person you can be with what resources you have!
Other referral groups are number driven by money, checks and balance sheets for the month and that’s just fine. WNOCC is a resource, sometimes we add to the balance sheets of business exchanged, however more importantly, we are a check and balance sheet for one another. We are a support group that lends a hand in helping each other reach out, grow, exchange and gain knowledge.
WNOCC is a sisterhood, a sisterhood that comes together once a month to share, care and exchange our wealth of knowledge. Our passion is to give. To give women the opportunity to make that change in their life through our scholarship fund and pursue their dream for a better life for themselves and for their families. That is truly the “trick”; however we don’t hide them, we work hard to make them available to as many women as we are financially able.
So, are you ready to hop on board WNOCC train? If so, the train makes plenty of stops along the way. Your table is waiting in the dining car and your membership card is on reserve to join, renew and rejoice in being a woman…a woman in business. Looking forward to a truly exciting year along our amazing board: Amber Phillips, Karen Perry and Stacy Nicolau.
Cheers and start blocking out the second Tuesday of each month!!
WNOCC Volunteer Board Member Descriptions
- Ensures the effective action of the WNOCC Board in governing and supporting the organization. Acts as representative of the board as a whole.
- Runs board meeting, monthly functions and events on accordance to WNOCC agenda, policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility in ensuring all officers are carrying out their function
- Recommends committees needed for term
- Communicates with officers and assigned committee chairs
- Represents organization in regards to media and community
- In the absence of the President, runs the meetings and assumes the President’s duties
- Oversees the Scholarship Committee
- Presents to board and schedules monthly speakers
- Update Website for monthly announcements (this description may change with each new administration to fall under the auspice of another board member or become a separate entity
- Introduces visitors at monthly luncheons
- Sends a personal thank you to all visitors and encourages second visit and/or membership
- Updates monthly membership
- Records and submits monthly board meetings
- Sends out press releases to all media outlets
- Keeps a present copy of revised bi-laws, amendments, tax forms or any such documentation for the year
- Sends personal thank you to our monthly Guest Speaker and Spotlight Speaker
- Administrator of Social Media “Facebook Page”
- Manages all the board’s financial responsibilities including membership dues, monthly luncheons, special events and donations to WNOCC.
- Records monthly financial reports to the board
- Files with Sunbiz.org Division of corporations
- Conducts WNOCC audit and all/any tax returns
Scholarship Committee members
- Committee to have no less than three
- One member is designated chair who reports to boards and communicates with applicants
- Make recommendations to board for any revisions on qualifications
- Committee members will read through all on-line applications submitted who met the requirements set forth by WNOCC
- Choose the number of applicants to receive scholarship purses in accordance with budget.
- Contact applicants and invite to designated luncheon as well as offer congratulatory letter.
- Process scholarship check directly to the University of Choice in the applicants’ name.
- Advise next board to process letter inviting applicants to “tell us” how their year went (optional visit)
- Committee members of three or more
- One committee member is designated chair who communicates with board
- Responsible for one fundraising event and socials throughout the calendar year to benefit scholarship funds
- All events must be submitted to board members for approval
- Members of WNOCC should have the first opportunity/option to host events at their venues, provide catering services, etc.
- At least two members or more
- Be in attendance no later than 11:15am for luncheons at “said” location
- Be in attendance at any/all events fifteen minutes early
- Welcome members with sign in.
- Assist Treasurer where needed with sign ins at functions
- Introduce new members to president
- Circulate new members around the room for networking
- “Find a friend” for them to join during the meeting if weren’t invited by a member and do not know any guest in attendance.
- Make sure they leave with an application (should receive an application at the time of registration)
- Any guest requiring further information, please reintroduce to any board member and/or greeter to help with processing or questions.
- Responsible for “ice breakers” where applicable
WNOCC Board Meeting Minutes
June 23, 2017
1. Gina welcomed board members: All present
2. Treasurer’s Report: Balance is: $3152/$158/$250 Iberia/Midwest/PayPal; Still have multiple
accounts. Karen trying to consolidate
3. May Board minutes presented and approved
1. Scholarship application: see new business
2. Dana cannot be spotlight due to vacation; use the time for WNOCC updates
3. Meeting site update: need to know contact person so we can send reminder that room/AV is
4. Cruise: Aug 24 booked. Boat capacity 40. Ticket price: $40 agreed by all. Need to create a
flyer. Discussion about what’s included. Amber suggested white sangria as free welcome
drink. Can look for a food sponsor and beverage sponsor. Need to create an invoice for
5. Guest fee: Start enforcing new guest fee for July meeting ($28)
6. Stacy will send job descriptions to new positions: Jessica (events) Pat and Carla (greeters)
7. July speaker: Diana Pisani
8. Still need volunteers for scholarship committee
9. November wine tasting: Need to send save the date: November 2.
1. Amber will do scholarship presentation at next meeting. Need to let area schools know.
2. November and December don’t have speakers; discussed having pure networking meeting
with a networking coach. Amber suggested November for networking meeting. Suggested
holiday party for December with a grab bag/gift exchange. Karen suggested $10.
3. Strive to 75 campaign. Goal of 75 members and $6000 in scholarships. Need membership
committee. Need to call guests.
4. Cruise theme: Sangria Sunset Cruise or Sunsets and Sangria with WNOCC.
WNOCC Minutes May 19, 2017 Iberia Bank 10:00 am
1. Attendance: Amber, Karen, Gina and Stacy present. 2. Minutes approved 3. Treasurers Report: Karen stated we have over $2000 in our Midwest account; Karen will file report. Gina stated that Davis & Assoc help provide support for tax information and advice. Membership currently 23. Gina stated goal is 50. Amber asked if we could raise the goal to 75. All members agreed. 4. Old Business: No new updates on scholarship application at this time. 5. Tax status update- paperwork is with Karen. 6. When scholarship app is ready, we need to publicize it. Gina said she would try to recruit scholarship leader and committee. 7. Stacy made a motion to post members and contact info on website to encourage people to use WNOCC businesses. 8. Karen made a motion to allow Stacy to boost one facebook post per month to increase meeting attendance. 9. Need events chairs. Recommendations were made. 10. New Business: June Social: discussed best timing and pricing for cruise social. Stacy recommended a larger price difference for members vs guests, to encourage membership. Board discussed having drink ticket and snacks. Fall wine tasting: Stacy and Amber suggested Paradise Wine. Looking at November dates. Recommended Nov 2. 11. Increasing non-member/guest lunch fee: to $28 to increase benefit of membership. 12. Open agenda: none 13. Motion to adjourn
WNOCC Board Meeting
Friday, April 28, 2017
Present: Amber, Karen, Gina, Stacy and guest Cathy Martin
1. Welcome: Gina welcomed board and guest Cathy Martin; meeting commenced at 9:05 am
2. Minutes: Stacy presented minutes. Discussed her boost to Facebook engagement. Now have
763 followers. Also sent in meeting announcements to Gulfshore Business, eBella and Florida
Weekly. Minutes approved.
3. Treasurers report: Karen reported. One new member. Balance $2274.15.
4. Old Business
Gina updated tax status
Online application for scholarship: Amber said it will cost $200 to add to our website. Approval:
Karen updated SunBiz.
Gina emailed past presidents for copies/evidence of past tax returns. We need to file for 2016.
Karen says that she can do the online tax preparation. Amber suggested that we move accounts
to Iberia since we meet here. Stacy suggested we invite Indira and Maria to our next meeting
as guests. Stacy will send the invites.
T-shirts: We can print as we go; need to start with an order of 6, per Beth from Naples Team
Sports. Amber suggested we could have a bid for this. Gina states a member should get the
5: New Business
Job descriptions: Gina passed out detailed job description proposal. Changes as follows
VP: website may be transitional role; will send thank you email to guests
Secretary: Social Media admin, written correspondence and thank you notes to speakers, Gina
will store documents
Scholarship committee: invite current and past recipients to a luncheon
Greeters: acknowledge the guests, create ice breakers
Membership committee: Amber said she will introduce the guests
Cathy Martin from Connect the Dots introduced:
Gina reviewed board concerns and suggestions recorded from last month’s group email with
Everyone agrees we need to boost membership and retention
Would like to plan a social event, maybe a sunset cruise, round table meetings and networking
only events, partnering on events
Amber discussed upcoming speakers.
Meeting adjourned 10:18 am
WNOCC BOARD MEETING MINUTES
1. Present: Stacy Nicolau, Karen Parry, Amber Phillips and Gina Sisbarro
2. Treasurer report: $1861 in membership renewals. Gina stated we should send blast to
remind for renewals and Stacy stated she would send it.
3. Minutes: Read and approved
4. Old Business:
Approval of Bylaws: need to redistribute and review; need 60% membership approval
Gina said we should add minutes to website
Pearls for Girls: donated inheritance of jewelry; 1/2 of purchase will go to WNOCC; 1/2 back to
estate; Amber suggested that payments may be an issue for 5013 c
Scholarship: Board looked at AAVW online scholarship for ideas; Amber can add form to
website; deadline would be 2017
Induction changes: format change to an approval response “I will” rather than responsive
Job Descriptions of Board: none exist in bylaws, will draft a description
Committees: we would like the following: Hospitality/greeters, membership, program chair/
fundraising, corporate sponsorship
5. New Business:
Karen would like to ask Roxanne Galati to join/help with accounting
Gina would like presidents to make two year commitment, one as past-president for continuity
Meeting adjourned at 10:15. Am
WNOCC Board Meeting Minutes
1. Meeting commenced at 9:21 am with all board members present.
2. Treasurer report: Karen is still getting authorized to take over accounting. She will contact Anne
1. Cancellations: Cancellations will require a 48 hour notice to receive refund for luncheon. A
hospitality committee could be created to generate calls and reminders.
2. Invoices: Memberships will be $85 until March 31st; then price will increase to $95 for the annual
3. Bylaws: Gina distributed and will review next meeting.
1. Mission Statement: Gina made amendments to the mission statement which were unanimously
2. We will apply to change status to 501 (3) ©.
3. Scholarships: Board discussed strategies to make scholarship process more effective. Gina will
talk to Anne Marie for help and will contact FSW, Hodges and LWIT.
4. Speakers: Amber will continue to book speakers. A suggestion was made to have a
mother/daughter luncheon in the summer. Upcoming speakers will be:
March: Sabine Halboth
April: Angela Bruckner, Constant Pursuit
May: Cyndee Wooley (Updated 04/27/17)
August: Jessica Macera, Dynamic Solutions
September: Kelley Price, Esq. of Cohen & Grigsby and the Legal Aid Society; Stacy to confirm
October: April O’Leary, Life and Business Coach
Open Agenda: March meeting needs a leader; Karen volunteered.
Meeting adjourned at 10:45 am.